Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Deep Throat Guy

I know, there are more than ample cheap and crass jokes to be had with the Deep Throat story. I'm above that, (barely).

Here's the sort of angle I like:

Bill Gaines, a University of Illinois journalism professor, directed a four-year study into Deep Throat's identity. "We eliminated (Felt) and anyone at the FBI because there was a quote in the book (All the President's Men) attributed to Deep Throat that was attributed to a White House source when it appeared in The Washington Post," Gaines said.


Is it wrong for me to get such joy when experts are wrong?
Let me go back there for a sec.
He directed a four-year study!

He could have guessed Mr. Rogers was Deepthroat and he would have been every bit as right as he turned out to be!

2 comments:

Jamie Dawn said...

It seems when media types or those in the media get things wrong... they REALLY get it wrong.

Four years?? Good Lord!

Ned said...

How do we know this guy's not just covering up for MisterRogers? I mean, who wants to sully the reputation of an American children's television idol? Maybe he just wanted his 15 minutes of fame before he dies...