Friday, March 11, 2005

Welcome to the Blog- The monumental 1st Post!

I really really like my iPod. I wasn't sure if I would, because I'm not a "put on the headphones and listen to music" kinda person. Once I got it plugged into the stereo system and started using it as a humungous cd player, I really really got to like it.

Take the song that was playing when I started filling out the forms to get my nice new blog, "The Busy Girl Buys Beauty" by Billy Bragg. Great song, great album, but chances are slim that I would have thought to go find it and put it in the cd changer on this snowy evening. It was followed by "The Calling" by Eric Clapton and Carlos Santana. There is no way in heck I would ever have heard that song tonight, primarily because I have no idea where the "Supernatural" album got to and to a lesser extent because I never listened to that cd when I knew where it was. Go through the list of subsequent songs "The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill," "The Crunge" and "The Distance" and every song has a similar tale; I have no idea what I did with that disc and it's a damned good thing I stuffed that song into the old iPod.

And with that load of jibberish, I launch this Blog called "Rantings, Ravings and the Occasional Kicked Puppy". (As is probably obvious, it's a title that didn't get a lot of aforethought). The reasons, purpose and intent of the blog aren't important. What is important is that you're here and reading and want to be entertained or informed or both. I'll do my best if you'll keep reading.

No comments: