Thursday, February 09, 2006

Protesting Comics II

Mrs. Idiot clued me in to the fact that I didn't understand the whole "protesting the comics" problem that the Muslim people are having right now. I thought they were mad at a comic, you know, like a stand-up comedian. Turns out they're mad at a comic, like in the newspaper. It took her a while, but she finally 'splained it so that I can understand it.

Now that I understand, I have to say that I totally agree with them. There are a LOT of really stupid comics in the paper. I've always thought that Marmaduke is a waste of space, and Blondie is far too hot to be married to a loser like Dagwood Bumstead. I could go on, but you're probably sick of all the "funny pages" talk around the water coolers generated by those protestors.

I will say that I truly truly miss Bloom County. It was the funniest comic ever, and at times it was even the most poignant. Here are three classic Bloom Counties by the genius Berke Breathed.







6 comments:

Chris Herbeck said...

its not the funny pages talk, its all the grammys talk that flips my enchilada. Who really cares what all those celebrities are wearing...they're all anorexic and plastic surguried! Pissed off Muslims? now thats news!

lime said...

LOL, that is some really early bloom county! was one of my favorites too. the funny pages aren't the saem without far side and calvin & hobbes too, as far as i am concerned

CozyMama said...

hmmmm, good to know.

Anonymous said...

Garfield is my all time favorite.

;-)3T

Anonymous said...

I KNEW I liked you!!
Bloom County was awesome, and those are some of the very early ones. Bloom County Babylon, baby!

I miss my Berke, let's go storm an embassy.

S said...

Newspaper comix are the worst ever! They arent funny, and what a waste of paper!

No HNT, KP?