Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Roberts Will Make a Great Supreme Court Justice!
Let's look at her record: Thanks to IMDB for the research
1. Satisfaction (1988)- Didn't see it
2. Baja Okhlahoma (1988)- Didn't see it, but it shows she knows all about the Oklahoma Baha!
3. Mystic Pizza (1988)- Didn't see it, but I think that people liked this movie.
4. Steel Magnolias (1989)- Uh, it turns out I've not seen many of her movies after all.
5. Pretty Woman (1990)- Ah-ha! I saw this one! Judging by this movie, Roberts will be half of a two justice hooker-friendly voting block (with Justice Thomas).
6. Flatliners, Sleeping with the Enemy (1990, 1991) I saw both of these but have forgotten what they're about as well as the fact she was in them.
7. Hook (1991) Saw this one. She was Tinkerbell, which means she's in favor of animated women in skimpy costumes. This is a Supreme Court nominee I can back fully.
8. (There were a whole bunch of her movies from 1991-2002 that I either didn't see, (Notting Hill, Runaway Bride) didn't like (The Pelican Brief, The Mexican) or forgot she was in (Michael Collins, Ocean's Eleven, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind). Let's just say that this body of work shows that she's a hard worker, and leave it there.
9. Erin Brockovich (200o) Yeah, I know, it's supposed to be great, but I didn't see it. I know enough of the story to know she'd make a great justice based on all the acting she did in this movie. I mean, I think it's even got something to do with the law, so she's halfway there already!
10. Yeah, she's got other movies too. I don't think I've seen them.
Also, she was married to Lyle Lovett, who is a super cool human.
I think I've made my case pretty clearly, Julia Roberts will make a great Supreme Court Justice, stop the silly debating and join me in voting for her in November!