Monday, November 07, 2005

Matt Lawton: Bad Egg

See, I told you.

Not long ago I reported that Yankees outfielder Matt Lawton was hating on my beer. I predicted that because he was a hater, he was due for bad karma and would be the goat that would sink the Yankees from the playoffs. Well, apparently I was right about the karma thing.

Some brilliant Yankee brass saw that the Beer Hater was due for bad karma and they left him off their playoff roster, just so her couldn't screw up and cost them the series! Then Hurricane Katrina leveled his home in Gulfport, Mississippi, and then to top it all off, he tested positive for steroids and will start next season serving a ten game suspension.

Let that be a lesson to you: Love the Beer.

2 comments:

Logophile said...

Ok, well, I don't drink the beer, but as I don't want a tsumani coming this way, I will love it.
Can it be a distant relative kind of love?

The Village Idiot said...

Yes, I think it's more of a "just don't hate the beer thing"

that, and good posture, are the keys to my success.

sincerely,
the idiot